I am a Scottish Folk Artist who creates sculptures to amplify wilfully ignored or forgotten working-class voices. Through investigations and personal stories, I share struggles and politics familiar to the 99% within forums of consideration typically reserved for society's most privileged. Many of my works share observed violence, drug abuse, gang culture, and sectarianism outside of Glasgow & West of Scotland’s widely promoted friendly identity.
Bryden (b. 1982 Irvine, Scotland) lives and works in London. Having received no formal education, work allowed him to discover a sublime world of Contemporary Art through publicly accessible Institutional collections. Bryden’s Artwork is born of a perceived lack of working-class representation and so he endeavours to share the many stories from his native home in Scotland.
- 2018 Jan 13th - Feb 17th Columbia Threadneedle , Mall Gallery, London, UK
Exhibitions & Publications History
- 2017 December: Average Art Magazine 17
- 2017 November: A5 Magazine #8
- 2017 (Shortlisted) Contemporary Visions, BEERS London, London
- 2017 Group Show, Stomach, Hoxton Arches, Cremer Street, Hoxton, London, UK
- 2017 Group Show, Summer Salon, Candid Arts, London
- 2017 Solo exhibition, Site-specific installation, Barnsbury estate, London - “Micks deed”